Taking the Time to Look, Listen, and Learn

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Waking up to the New Year


After Christmas and New Years, I am always spent.  I need to recover from the lack of schedule in all areas of my life.  I need to reboot and recharge in order to get some self-discipline and order back into my life and household.  Now that school has started and I have had a few moments of quiet in my house, where better to look for motivation than the scriptures?

Here is what I found today that I think is an amazing passage to start the New Year (emphasis is mine):

"...We have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.  And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.  For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins" (Colossians 1:9-14).

I think I will hang out with this passage for a few days.  There is too much in it for one sitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment