Taking the Time to Look, Listen, and Learn

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Stilling the Soul

Don't you LOVE this?

"My heart is not proud, O Lord,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
But I have stilled and quieted my soul." (Psalm 131:1-2)

I feel small today. Reading this passage reminds me of the humility that comes with motherhood.

Sometimes the humility is from external sources (as in HUMILIATING when your child is racing away from you in a public place yelling, "I WON'T go with you!")

Sometimes it is internal (as when you might feel you aren't contributing much to society).

Sometimes it is because you are in the right posture, your heart kneeling to God's throne.

I want to think more about this passage today: how to still and quiet my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment