Taking the Time to Look, Listen, and Learn

Friday, May 20, 2011

Internet Access

We moved to a new house. Major life disruption. We didn't have a washer/dryer for a week, but I did get to do a load a day at my sweet friend's house.  We didn't have phones for a week, but we did have our cell phones.  We didn't have internet for a week. No blog writing.  And then... here it is later than that...and I'm just now writing.

Because it's not only the access to these daily tools that's important. It's the routine. When we fall off the routine, oh... so hard to get back into it.

I got so far behind on laundry that it just seemed too overwhelming. I didn't have a strategy for catching up; I just started these measly loads of mishmash that weren't really achieving the needs--tball uniform ready for the game, socks ready for a new school day, towels, sheets... you get the picture. I would get a load out of the dryer to fold, and it was like one sock with a kitchen towel and pajama bottoms with no top, etc.  Even yesterday, my husband asked about a laundry item, and all I could say was, "We're really backed up on laundry" and go start a new load.

And with blogging, same deal. It sounded overwhelming. What do I have to say? I'm backed up on laundry? I have a box of toiletries in my bath cabinet that's too daunting to unpack?  The "office" boxes in the garage may never be opened?

I guess now that my excuse for no access is over, I better just try.  One step at a time.  Another day, another box. One word at a time. One post at a time. We'll take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment