Taking the Time to Look, Listen, and Learn

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pre-School Party Planners

For our little family celebration of the baby's 1st birthday, the big kids (age 4 and 5) and I made a cake and decorated it.  Well, all I did was put the white icing on as a base and "clean up" the letters a little.

In the middle of the decorating, I had to leave the room to change a diaper. I returned to find two mountains of sprinkles covering most of the letters. The new striped icing I bought looks more like Aquafresh toothpaste to me, but at least it didn't taste like it.

The kids also wrapped some presents for their baby brother. They worked hard and made a giant mess in the office: wrapping paper and ribbons and tape covered the floor.

Sometimes I like to go all out on the details of a party, and sometimes it's great to give up the control.

2 comments:

  1. i want a cake like this! it's beautiful because it's made with love and decorated "outside the lines!" xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake and the gift-wrapping! Precious memories are made of moments like these.

    ReplyDelete