Taking the Time to Look, Listen, and Learn

Monday, April 4, 2011

Revelation Song

Today during naptime, I sat down to read a little in my Bible study and write in my journal. But I didn't feel like it. I just kept wanting to hear this awesome song we sang in church yesterday. But I didn't know who sang it.  And I could only think of part of the chorus--"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty." I knew I couldn't get too far on Google because of the hymn "Holy, holy, holy."

That was my favorite part of church yesterday. That song. It was so awesome. I just felt like we were all the children singing to the Lord like it talks about in Revelation.

So today I decided to put on Pandora, and just type in Third Day because I love their newish song and really all their songs. And I could listen to lead singer Mac Powell's voice all day long.

I sat there and sang with my eyes closed to the first two songs--gorgeous Third Day songs--and was thankful that no matter all the busy-ness and hard, sad things I have heard in the last couple of days, no matter the blessings and joy and laughter, no matter the anxiety and fears and tears... He is faithful and so big and so there, available, here, present.

And then... the third song... the one I wanted all along! The one from church yesterday... I could belt it out again!  I could pull up the lyrics to have all the words! 

So here's the song:  "Revelation Song" by Phillips, Craig, and Dean.  I'm going to go listen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment